For your Safety & Ours we are following CDC Protocol.
Ready to set up a time to drop your shade off for repair?
In an effort to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, our retail design studio is only open by appointment.
Practicing CDC protocol in the store we wear a mask to protect you and we require that our visitors wear masks. We provide masks if you do not have one. In-home Consultations are being conducted following CDC protocol. Designers wear a mask and we ask that everyone in our consultations wear masks. Where possible we practice social distancing.
Call 920-993-1122 to set up a drop-off time at 220 Main Street, Downtown Menasha (our sister business with whom we share space)
Please bear with us during this difficult time until we can all return to business as usual. Call or text us at 920-380-8679 (Blind Lady business cell phone). Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or concerns.
Repairs & Fast Fixes
If you have purchased a blind or shade from The Blind Lady please read these directions and then call or email and we will help you repair your shade. We only handle repairs for shades that have been purchased from us. Authorization must be obtained to send your blind in for repair by the manufacturer.
Warranties vary and are subject to the manufacturer’s repair cost and shipping to and from your home.
Three ways to get your shade to the manufacturer for repair:
- Drop it off at our Design Studio, we will box it up and send it in.
Please note as a safety precaution the store is temporarily closed until the virus curve passes. Special appointments are available to meet at the store to drop off the shade or blind that needs a repair.
- Have us pick up the shade ($70 trip charge)
- Send it in yourself.
The Five Musts
When you bring a blind in for repair it must be:
- stacked tight in the closed position.
- wrapped up in plastic to protect the shade
- leave repair deposit at Gallery
- fill out repair form at the Gallery
Repairs & Fast Fixes
- Once the treatment is identified The Blind Lady calls for an RGA (repair number)from the manufacturer
- Client needs to clean blind-make sure no dust or organic materials are on this shade. Wrap it up. I recommend clear plastic kitchen wrap, not the sticky kind or it will leave residue on your window treatment.
- Shipping to the manufacturer. The repair number must be on the outside of the box.
- Client may send in directly to the manufacturer.
- As a Courtesy you may drop off the blind at our Gallery. Please note until further notice an appointment is needed to drop off a blind for repair. The Store is temporarily closed in response to the COVID-19 and suggested CDC recommendations. The Blind Lady shares retail space with Mystical Earth Gallery located at 220 Main Street, Downtown Menasha. Please call to set up drop off appointment (Mystical Earth Gallery): 920-993-1122
- Please leave a deposit to cover the shipping and/or repair at Mystical Earth Gallery when you drop the shade off. If the cost varies depending upon a few factors from the deposit you will be billed the remainder due.
- Have The Blind Lady pick up the treatment. There is a $70 trip charge. Please see below.
- Shipping the repair shade back. Manufacturer generally ships the treatment back to you directly. Or its available for pick up at Mystical Earth Gallery..
Please note that we do not warranty any work for shades that you have repaired and facilitated by us with any manufacturer. That relationship is based upon your warranty with the manufacturer and retailer you purchased your shades from.
Blind Lady Trip & Service Charges
If you would prefer to have The Blind Lady pick up your blind or re-install the blind when it comes back the charge is $70 per each trip. This trip charge includes the trip over and 1/2 hour of time. Anytime spent beyond this ½ hour is billed in 15 minute segments at $17.00 per segment.
In the first year if your window treatment has a warranty issue The Blind Lady will do service call at no charge. After this one-year period there is a trip charge of $70 per trip to come to your home and assess the situation, pick up the blind for manufacturer’s repair, repair it at your home (when feasible) or re-install the treatment after it has been repaired.
Hunter Douglas Treatment Repairs
Is your Hunter Douglas Treatment purchased at a different dealer other than The Blind Lady Custom Blinds and Drapery? Then this information is for you.
If you would like us to assist you in the repair of your Hunter Douglas shade or blind and did not purchase your Hunter Douglas window treatments directly from us please contact us with the following information by email or text:
- What is wrong with the shade or blind
- The original reference number
- The Fabric name, color and coordinating numbers.
- The size of the shade: both the width and length
- Identify it as an inside, end or outside mount
- The operational or control system, as well as the side the controls are on: right, left or both
- Most of the above information is available on the reference label located inside the cassette front or on the top of the headrail.
- Your contact information: Name, Address, phone number and email address.
- How you will be paying for the service options that you select, as noted below. We accept Check, Cash, and major credit cards. These fees are non refundable.
Here are the menu costs you may occur for services if your Hunter Douglas Treatment was purchased elsewhere.
- $49 Service Fee for The Blind Lady to place the call to the manufacturer to order the parts. This fee is non-refundable, but may be used as a credit within 30 days towards the purchase of new treatments from The Blind Lady.(You may think this fee is excessive, but we literally could be on the phone 30 to 60 minutes to achieve this return authorization for you.)
- $30 Handling, Supplies and Destination Fee. This fee is if we box, label and drive your treatment to Federal Express to have it shipped back to the manufacturer for repair
- $75 trip charge if we pick the treatment up at your home. Another $75 trip charge if we return to install your treatment once you have received the shade back.
- $25 to $95 (freight for over-sized packages) call tags to cover the shipping costs we purchase on your behalf from Hunter Douglas
- Repair charges from Hunter Douglas if your warranty has expired or the reason for the repair is deemed abuse by Hunter Douglas and not covered under the warranty.