Design Studio Location
220 Main Street
Tuesday-Friday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Window Treatments By Appointment Monday & Saturday
Closed Sunday and Holidays
Design Studio access is available now from Main Street and through a back door entrance. A parking lot is available directly behind the Studio, just off Broad Street.
Need help with your Hunter Douglas Custom Window Treatment?
In our absence please find these two options to have your questions answered
Ready to drop your shade off for repair?
Repairs & Fast Fixes
- We identify the treatment, and then The Blind Lady Custom Blinds calls for an RGA (repair number) from the manufacturer.
- The client needs to clean the blind – ensure no dust or organic materials are on this shade. Wrap it up for protection in plastic wrap or a bag. I recommend clear plastic kitchen wrap, not the sticky kind, or it will leave residue on your window treatment.
- Shipping to the manufacturer. The repair number must be on the outside of the box.
- The client may send it directly to the manufacturer.
- As a Courtesy, you may drop off your blind or shade at our store. Our shipping and receiving department will box up your treatment and drive it to FedEx for you.
- Please leave a deposit to cover the shipping and repair at The Design Studio when you drop the shade off. Depending on a few factors from the deposit, you will be billed the remainder due if the cost varies.
- Have The Blind Lady pick up the treatment. There is a $99 trip charge. Please see below.
- After we ship the blind back, the manufacturer generally sends the treatment back to you directly. Or available for pickup at The Blind Lady Custom Blinds Design Studio and Store.
How It Works
If you have purchased a blind or shade from The Blind Lady, please read these directions and then call or email, and we will help you repair your shade. We need the Authorization to send your blind in for repair by the manufacturer.
*Warranties vary and are subject to the manufacturer’s repair cost and shipping to and from your home.
Three ways to get your shade to the manufacturer for repair:
- Drop it off at our Design Studio, and we will box it and send it in.
- Have us pick up the shade ($99 trip charge)
- Could you send it in yourself?
* Please note that we do not warranty any work on your shade you have repaired and facilitated by us with any manufacturer. Your warranty is with the manufacturer and retailer from which you purchased your shades.
The Five Musts
When you bring a blind in for repair, it must be:
- stacked tight in the closed position.
- wrapped up in plastic to protect the shade
- leave a repair deposit at the store
- fill out the repair form at the store
Blind Lady Trip & Service Charges
If you prefer to have The Blind Lady Custom Blinds pick up your blind or re-install the blind when it comes back, it will cost $99 for each trip. This trip charge includes the trip over and 1/2 hour. Anytime spent beyond this ½ hour is billed in 15-minute segments at $25.00 per segment.
If your window treatment needs warranty work in the first year, The Blind Lady Custom Blinds offers free service calls. After this one year, there is a trip charge of $99 per trip to come to your home and assess the situation, pick up the blind for manufacturer’s repair, repair it at your home (when feasible), or after repair, re-install the treatment.